Managing files and folders
- Managing files with libraries
- Restoring deleted files
- Finding old file versions
- Library history and snapshots
- Setting history retention period
- Deleting a library
- Viewing files within Web App
- Full text file search
Sharing and collaboration
Wiki and knowledge management
Desktop client and syncing
- Install and sync files
- Syncing existing folders
- Selectively sync sub-folders
- Read-only syncing
- Unsync and resync libraries
- Setting sync interval
- Proxy settings
- File conflicts
- Excluding files
Security and encryption
Creating a group is a convenient way to share files to many people. In Seafile, you can create and manage a group easily.
Here is how groups work in Seafile:
- Each group has a owner. The owner is the creator of the group by default. He/she can transfer the ownership of the group to another member.
- Each group can have multiple admins. The group owner and group admins can add more group admins.
- The group admin can add/delete members in the group. And he/she can also unshare a library in the group.
Click on the "Shared with groups" tab on the left panel, and you'll see all the groups you're in. Clicking into any group, you'll see the libraries shared into this group.
To create a new group, click on the "Shared with groups" tab on the left panel. Then click on "All Groups". In the page, you can click the "New Group" button to create a group.
See sharing files and folders about how to share libraries or folders to a group.